CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Saturday, January 14, 2012

15 Minute Junk Drawer Update

I have always enjoyed picking a drawer or a shelf to organize. Not only does it make life easier down the road, but for that one moment I am able to put order and control where chaos once ruled.

I was feeling a bit frustrated (possibly even angry) yesterday. I didn't have anything specific to be angry about, but I was anyway. I had to run to the store to get milk and eggs anyway, so I just picked up some plain jane, inexpensive drawer organizers. I have some preferred organizers that I like to get from thecontainerstore, but the generic kind of walmart work just as well!

First I just dumped all the items from the drawer onto the countertop and began to sort. Don't get too worked up in the sorting... and allow for some catch all categories. Decide what gets to keep a home in the drawer and what needs to go live somewhere else.







I started putting stuff into the individual dividers and placing in the drawer.  I am sure I will need to tweak it a few times over the next couple of weeks to fit our living style, but it’s so much better.  And for a 15 minute investment of time and reward was well worth it. 


~thehopefulorganizer

0 comments:

Post a Comment